JMFA is seeking a Mail Production Manager who will act as the subject matter expert for all of JMFA’s internal print sourcing and management of projects, including all aspects of production, quality control, purchasing, and execution of campaigns for our clients.
We are looking for the right combination of technical “hands-on” experience and an entrepreneurial drive to deepen relationships with current clients. With expertise and in-depth knowledge of marketing and production processes and procedures (including material, equipment, production, and postal), this person will work with internal departments and directly with community bank and credit union clients to ensure each campaign is executed with quality at a competitive price.
- Be the key player in the entire project lifecycle for internal print and direct mail production, including initial requirements gathering, ensuring client approvals, coordination with other internal departments, and timely/accurate completion of projects
- Act as the main point of contact for specific projects; increasing client satisfaction and retention by being responsive, client-focused, and delivering a high-quality service
- Provide guidance to the customer regarding the print manufacturing process (schedules, specifications, quotes, billing) needed to efficiently produce print-related projects
- Interface with our proprietary client management software. Be a master of mail merge and postal requirements/software, such as CASS, NCOA, Ancillary Endorsements, etc.
- Negotiate the best possible pricing and schedules as required to execute individual projects and ensure that the result meets the client’s expectations
- Maintain all relevant documentation in a systematic and proficient manner so that all campaign/project details are accurate and organized
- Initiate requests for bids, customer quotations, and supplier purchase orders
- Verify and process invoices accordingly to ensure all charges are accurate and authorized
- Ensure timely billing for all projects via our internal billing software
- Analyze print specifications to ensure that all job requirements, quality expectations, artwork availability, and delivery dates are identified
- Source potential suppliers/equipment and select those most capable based on knowledge of manufacturing capabilities, supplier facility locations, pricing, and schedule availability
- Maintain the status of assigned projects at all times
- Work with other departments to gauge which campaigns should be printed internally versus outsourced
- Work with the client to offer creative solutions that consistently exceed client expectations and provide superior customer service
- Email experience and basic HTML knowledge are helpful for this position, please clarify in your resume/cover letter
- Perform other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A great communicator—clear, concise and diplomatic—when it comes to technical printing discussions, explaining the services we offer, both in writing and verbally
- Very detail oriented and able to follow job instructions provided by the client or other internal departments
- Able to adapt, learn quickly, and provide ideas/solutions
- Adept at picking up new software and technology whether production-related or internal to the company
- Two to three years of relevant work experience in print production/mailing, with an associate or bachelor’s degree is considered a plus
- Able to demonstrate complex tasks or problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience
- Must be able to recognize anomalies/critical situations and respond appropriately
- Strong project management background and capable of tracking project revenue, costs and profit levels as well as staying abreast of industry trends such as postal and paper changes
- Proactive listener with the ability to clearly understand and articulate business needs to both internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite—including the abilities to perform complex file processing and analyze data using Excel and advanced formatting using Word and/or basic HTML
This position will be primarily onsite in our Houston, TX office. Travel may be required 2-3 times per year.
BENEFITS & CULTURE HIGHLIGHTS
It is an exciting time for JMFA. We are a close-knit group of professionals passionate about helping our clients succeed. We do not view ourselves as a vendor while working with our community bank and credit unions but as true partners and team members of each client we serve.
We are a diverse group of individuals from all over the U.S., focused on sharing winning ideas to help exceed expectations. Additionally, we believe integrity, accountability and transparency are critical for success. If you are full of energy, love to have fun, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help achieve others achieve their goals while achieving yours, then you are at the right place at the right time. Welcome you to JMFA!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K, self-directed and safe-harbor employer contribution (after 90 days of employment)
- Open Paid Time Off and Vacation (yes, you read that correctly)
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training and promotion from within
- Retailer discount portal for employees