By Roy Seifert, Client Trainer
On the heels of National Career Development Month in November and with the arrival of the New Year, many have career goal setting and advancement on the mind. One way to help your staff achieve their 2020 career resolutions is to offer ongoing training that builds their skillset and opens doors for professional growth.
When done right, career development nets a win-win outcome— strengthening the individual while adding value to the whole company.
Most employees appreciate the opportunity to develop and grow; and for many, it can make a big difference in job satisfaction. Workers ages 18-24 rank having opportunities to advance as the second most important factor in their happiness at work (behind doing work they find meaningful). Training provides employees:
· New challenges to look forward to
· A break from their routine job function
· The means to solve job-related difficulties or streamline processes
· The skills needed to keep abreast with advancements in their industry
· An avenue to obtain promotions or make lateral moves within your organization
Offering career development opportunities can also help your financial institution:
· Retain top talent and attract new talent
· Increase employee engagement and productivity
· Develop succession planning
· Fill in knowledge gaps
· Improve account holder service
Career development can take many forms, including conferences, retreats, workshops, online training, continuing education courses, job shadowing and professional memberships. This gives companies a variety of opportunities, at various price points, to offer their employees.
Advanced Training—Built Right In
For JMFA NEXT GENERATION OVERDRAFT PRIVILEGE® bank and credit union clients, we’ve made it easy to give your employees the training opportunities that will help them advance both their careers and your overdraft program. Our robust, free client training schedule includes:
· JMFA Academy, an in-person, collaborative learning experience at our Houston training center with the opportunity to earn up to 9 CPE credits. Advanced program management sessions cover compliance and regulatory issues, overdraft program best practices, reporting capabilities and effective employee education initiatives to maximize your program’s performance.
Take a closer look at what our sessions offer >
· Webinars ranging from one-hour workshops to a five-part series that delves into the important features of the Privilege Manager CRM® software allow your employees to learn right from their workstations.
· On-site training effectively delivered by professional trainers that meets your scheduling and geographic needs during project implementation has tremendous impact on reaching program goals. Additionally, refresher training is available at any time to ensure existing staff have current information, and new staff members are properly trained.
This year, make career development and professional wellness a priority for your employees. If you’re a JMFA overdraft privilege client, make plans to register now for any of our free training events. (Space is limited and seats fill quickly!)
ABOUT JOHN M. FLOYD & ASSOCIATES (JMFA)
JMFA is one of the most trusted names in the industry. Whether it’s recovering lost revenue, uncovering new savings with vendor contract negotiations, creating more value, serving account holders better or delivering a 100% compliant overdraft service—JMFA can help you deliver measurable results with proven solutions. To learn more, please contact your local representative or call us at (800) 809-2307.