This position will report to the manager of the Performance Enhancement Consulting arm of PPEC. Under moderate direction, works with an Engagement Manager in the completion of consulting engagements by documenting, analyzing and improving client processes, conducting surveys and focus groups, executing project management activities and assisting in the development of proposals and presentations to the client.
Position supports the performance improvement activities as part of JMFA consulting practice, both in the role of Engagement Consultant and Financial Analyst, as dictated by project requirements. This individual will provide subject matter expertise with business process analysis, performance management, cost reductions and other performance improvement activities. Supports the Engagement Manager in the analyses of client operations, business processes, organizational structures, supporting information systems, and leading practices to identify opportunities for improved performance, increased effectiveness and efficiency, and cost reduction within a client organization or business area, and support implementation activities. Interacts with senior leadership and as project requirements dictate, with client personnel at appropriate levels, in the accomplishment of project objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works alongside an Engagement Manager in the determination of operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Assists in the definition of project requirements by identifying project milestone and phases; tracking project budget and monitoring project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Analyzes business functional requirements to identify opportunities for increases in non-interest income and reductions in non-interest expenses.
- Works with client data to assist in right-sizing of staff throughout an organization
- Contributes in determining financial methods; conducts cost benefit analyses and reviews and prepares financial and statistical reports, including graphs and charts
- Confers with other departments, officials, consultants and completely understands policies and procedures and conducts presentations on projects and programs
- Prepares reports in Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint for presentation to financial institution leadership
- Assists in preparation of Project Management reports, including timelines and milestones in provided project management software
- Three to 5 years of experience in a bank, credit union or related industry is a must. A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is desired. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, presentation development and writing skills.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word and have a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and develop client relationships
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Well organized with the ability to work on several projects/clients simultaneously
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence.
- Ability to travel 70% to 80%; ability and willingness to work extended hours and occasional weekends, if required
- Certifications such as those provided by the Project Management Institute.
- Knowledge of Wrike, Monarch and/or Insperity OrgPlus
» Click here to apply for this job